Sunday 28 April 2013

Research...

When looking into the 18th century i didn't want to go for the obvious big dresses, so I looked into the different outfits and silhouette for different events/ hobbies, I also tried to find any type of comfort in the 18th century because it was known as the comfortable decade for corsets even though they still seem pretty uncomfortable to me. The only thing I could find that was comfortable was the chemise, which was worn over there corsets before the outer garments were worn or for bed. 

I thought I would insert some images that have inspired my design development.






With looking at the 18th century I also found the interior decor of the houses were stunning so I looked more into those I drew ideas for dressed from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment